India: a promising growth market, For a new millennium!
A specialized show for a dynamic growth sector promoted by the tradefair pioneers UBM IndexFairs India
High & fast-growing domestic product, an increasing urban population, rising middle class and strong planned infrastructure point to India as the growth market of the future. Trade and capital flows accelerated in the past two decades, which saw the Indian economy grow from US$ 500 billion to about US$ 2 trillion, and the country’s per capital income nearly treble in that period.
- 10th highest GDP at USD 1.9 trillion
- 254,000 members of the 'rich club'
- [top 1% of global wealth holders]
- 182,000 millionaires in 2013 will jump to 302,000 in 5 years
- 1,760 ultra high net worth individuals with wealth over $50 mn
- 770 super rich with wealth over $100 mn
- Projected growth at 5.4% [IMF]
- India's construction market expected to be world's 3rd largest by 2020
- 2nd highest FDI in FY 2013 - $3.2 bn
- Estimated hotels rooms in 2014 - 176,000
- Estimated hotels rooms in 2015 - 190,000
- REAL ESTATE
- Residential: shortfall of 21.7 mn urban & 19.1 mn rural units (NCAER)
- Commercial: over 607 mn sq.ft office space planned in 10 key cities
- Retail: total planned supply of 81 mn sq.ft across major cities
- Total industry valued at approx 427 million USD in 2014.
- Sanitary ware at 124 million USD and bathroom industry at 303 million USD.
- CAGR between 12 – 15% for this industry until between 2012 - 2018.
- In sanitary ware, 60% is organized sector and in bathroom its 40%.
- The market was earlier ruled by domestic players, however demands have changed to foreign players now.
- Premium segment occupies almost 10-12% of this market.
“INDIA - the 5th most favorable destination for international retailers, outpacing UAE, Russia, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia. India also remains as high potential market accelerated retail growth of 15% - 20% over the next 5 years"
* A.T. Kearney